Sunday, May 18, 2008

tomorrow is the day.

i don't feel ready in the slightest, but tomorrow is the day i finally leave for Ecuador, and i cant wait. i'm spending today at my parents house, trying to clear my head a little so i dont explode trying to pack when i get home tonight.

this week has been a good one, with only a few ups and downs.

my 21st birthday came and went, without me ever feeling like it was any different than most. i had to work at 9am, the morning of, and the morning after. work was slow, which leaves me bored and feeling like the day will never end. i did get to see a few of my favorite clients throughout the week though. after work i got my hair cut again, just a little off the top (all i can really afford these days, without pulling the clippers out) and went out to dinner with all the girls from the salon. its nice knowing that the people you work with love you, even when they dont have to.

Adam gave me a turtle for my birthday, which i named Bleeker. he's a cutie. Rad is still getting used to the idea of a weird looking green thing stealing some attention.

last night i had a dinner with some amazing people, non-work friends, most of which i hadnt seen in at least five weeks, maybe even more. it was wonderful. i miss seeing them almost daily.

tonight, i will pack. clean up the house a little. leave bleeker with a clean tank. and hopefully get some sleep. tomorrow morning i'll leave, early i think.... i'll have to check my tickets. two hour flight to Houston tx, then a six or seven hour flight to Ecuador, i'll arive there around 9pm. Lys will be at the airport waiting for me, which is a relief, a familiar face will not be taken for granted at that point, and of course I'm dying to see her.

this is going to be a good time to clear my head, worry about things that aren't going on in my world, trying to help out in another world.

2 comments:

alyssa said...

i love you!
i'm counting down the few hours left.

can't even wait.

stuartandbrittney said...

Please be safe on your travels. I don't know what I would do if something happened to you! Love you and call me when you get back.