Monday, May 12, 2008

holiday.

today my family celebrated....

-mothers day.
as did most people. my mom is the greatest. i love her, she is my best friend.

-dad's birthday.
every so often these two holidays fall on the same sunday. happy birthday daddy. i also have the greatest dad. i love him.

-my birthday.
is really on friday, but my parents will be out of town, so while we were celebrating things, my mom decided to throw that in. i got birthday cards, birthday money, and my parents bought me a camera. happy birthday me.

-a farewell to my sister, dude, and baby scotty.
dude drives to arizona tomorrow, to get started at his job, and to get the house situated. jessi is leaving friday with scotty. and who knows when we'll see them after that. still crazy to me that they are leaving, kind of surreal.

what a sunday yeah?

i went to church with my mom, it was her mothers day request, how can you turn that down? i got a twix for being a mother in relief society (rad counts as a child) and skittles because my birthday is coming up. if i got showered with candy everytime i came, i'd consider being there every week.

after church i helped get dinner ready, trying to let my mom take the day off.

we ate steaks as big as our plates. delicious.

after dinner grandpa and kay, cole, and the lybberts came over. we ate cake, opened presents, and "ooh, ahh"ed over the baby. also my parents built a pretty sweet swing set in the back yard, (it just got finished) so cole and i swang for a minute or two. everyone seemed happy to see cole around again. i think they enjoy seeing me happy too.

Cole and i tried to hurry back to his house to see Jade and Allie, but we were too late. they had left already. bummer. hopefully next week.

tomorrow i have the day off, so i'm staying at my moms tonight to spend the day here. dunno what's on the agenda, but we'll figure something out.

i leave in six days.
i'm freakin out, i'm so excited.
couldnt come fast enough.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

ali, i need an update. im so lost. i miss you though!! hope all is well.